The Esquimalt Archives strives to ensure that the information about our archival holdings is as accurate and reliable as possible. Despite this, we cannot and do not guarantee that the presented information is always accurate or current. The Archives and the Township of Esquimalt make no warranties, express or implied, as to the fitness of the information for any purpose or to results obtained by individuals using the information, and are not responsible for any action taken in reliance on the information obtained by you or used by you from the website. Please contact us with any known corrections for information.
Digital reproductions of archival material posted on this website are provided for personal research and enjoyment only. Before archival material is added to this website, the Esquimalt Archives makes every effort to ensure we have the appropriate rights to provide online access to these materials. Online access is generally permitted if the material:
- is not under copyright, unless the copyright holder has transferred the copyright to the Esquimalt Archives, or permitted the Archives to make the content accessible;
- does not include personal and/or health information that violates the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA);
- will not cause the Township of Esquimalt or one of its departments significant operational difficulties;
- does not violate the First Nations Principles of OCAP (Ownership, Control, Access, and Possession); and/or
- is not obscene, defamatory, culturally inappropriate, or otherwise insensitive.
If you are concerned that material on this website is displayed without your permission or otherwise violates the above criteria, please contact us at [email protected]. Please include a way for us to identify the material and a clear rationale for its removal. Upon receipt of a takedown request, the identified material will be temporarily removed and a review initiated. The review will consider your takedown request alongside the above criteria. You will be informed of the result of the review, and if applicable, the reasoning for the decision to maintain public access to the material.